Wrinkles are probably one of those skin conditions that none of us wish to have. Skin gets wrinkled when it loses its young elasticity and starts appearing when people get older. Creases, folds, and ridges can occur in any part of the body including face, neck, and back of the hands. There are many factors that contribute to skin wrinkling. Most of the people are not ready to accept wrinkles and they spend millions to remove them or to delay them.
What are the causes of Wrinkles?
Factors that promote wrinkles are:
- Wrinkles mainly happens in the body parts where sun exposure is more
- Smoking increases the process of aging
- Genetic factors
- Depending upon skin type (dry skin is more likely to wrinkle)
- Alcohol Consumption
- Environmental factors like pollution, sun exposure
What are the treatments for wrinkle removal?
Though some of the factors like heredity and dry skin type can't be controlled, but there are certain precautions that can be followed to minimize the chances of getting wrinkles like avoiding smoking, sun-light exposure, regular use of Sunscreens, maintaining a healthy diet, keeping body in optimum healthy condition etc. Apart from that, there are treatments to remove wrinkles or to delay them. These treatments help you to get rid of wrinkle problems and help you to retain the youthfulness of the skin.
- Medications – Retinoids, Alpha- hydroxy acids, anti-oxidants, moisturizers, glycolic acid peels are effective medications that reduce fine wrinkles, signs of aging and skin pigmentations and improve the overall appearance of the skin.
- Microdermabrasion- Microdermabrasion is a minimally invasive procedure which is used to remove wrinkles, acne scars, moles, and coarse skin. This technique removes the topmost layer of the skin and stimulates cell growth in underlying skin layer.
- Laser Resurfacing- This technique uses short concentrated pulsing beams of laser to treat skin irregularities. This treatment removes the damaged skin surface precisely and minimizes facial wrinkles, acne scars, and face lines. After several sessions of treatment, the skin looks firmer and refreshed.
- Botox- Botulinum toxin, which is commonly known as Botox is an injection which is used to relax muscles that stimulate “face lines”. The technique removes the wrinkles and improves the overall skin appearance. The treatment can be applied on the forehead, lines between the eyes and lines around the corners of eyes.
- Fillers- The fillers are injected into the skin to give more volume and to soften the wrinkles and folds. Most commonly preferred fillers by dermatologists are hyaluronic acid (Restylane, Juvederm) and calcium hydroxylapatite (Radiesse). To get lasting results, the treatment should be repeated every few months.
- Chemical Peels- It is a chemical solution applied to the skin. It produces dead skin, and the dead skin eventually gets peeled off. After a chemical peel, new skin is regenerated and it is smoother and less wrinkled than previous skin. Chemical peel treatment removes wrinkles, retains smoothness and improves overall skin quality. Apart from these treatments, facelift and plastic surgery are other effective solutions to remove or delay wrinkles.
What are the risks involved in wrinkle removal treatments?
Wrinkle removal treatments usually cause some side-effects which are temporary. They are:
- Redness in the treated area
- Burning sensation
- Swelling or Bruising
At Rama Skin & Laser, effective solutions are provided for all types of skin and hair problems with the latest cosmetic techniques. For more information, contact Rama Skin & Laser Hospital, Hyderabad. Call @ 040232225130 & 66 100 200.
Meet Our Doctor
Dr. Sajjan R. Agarwal
M.D.(SKIN), D.D.V., F.C.G.P.FIMSA
Skin Specialist | Cosmetic skin surgeon | Hair Transplant Surgeon
You guys are just great. I’ve had hair issues for 2 years now and the day I tried you out was the best ever decision taken by me. 7 months later – I’m so happy, my hair loss has
Lateef Khan, Businessman
Thanks for doing a great job. You have restored my self-confidence. As a woman, it can be traumatic to lose hair and in my case it has
Parveena Khan, HR Executive